Positive COVID-19 Case Reported
April 16, 2021
Aloha Residents, Families, and Friends:
We want to inform you that at the Care Center of Honolulu, during our monthly COVID-19 testing done on Thursday, April 14, we identified 1 confirmed case of COVID-19 among a staff member. Almost 90% of our residents have received the COVID vaccine. However, we are treating this seriously and implementing COVID precaution protocols. The employee has been removed from all shifts and remains under quarantine.
The safety of our residents and staff is our top priority. To reduce the spread and impact of COVID-19, we continue to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
We are staying in close communication with local and state health officials to ensure we are taking the appropriate steps under the current circumstances, including:
- Enhanced infection control precautions, such as wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) when we care for residents, increasing the availability of hand sanitizer, and more frequent cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces. Residents may also be moved in the facility to prevent the spread of the virus causing COVID-19.
- Screening residents and staff for COVID-19 symptoms, as well as anyone else who must enter our facility. Only staff who must enter the building will be permitted entry.
- Restricting all visitation.
- Testing staff and residents for the virus causing COVID-19 based on current protocols and availability of tests.
- Providing and requiring facemasks for all staff to wear.
- Providing cloth face coverings for residents, if tolerated and following CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/long-term-care.html.
- Requiring all others entering the facility to wear cloth face coverings to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Postponing group activities and helping residents to practice social distancing.
We encourage you to review the CDC website for information about COVID-19, including its symptoms, how it spreads, and actions you can take to protect your health: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
All of us at the Care Center of Honolulu understand that this is a serious situation and might be frightening. Additional information about coping with stress can be found on the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/managing-stress-anxiety.html.
We will continue to provide you with regular updates about the situation and will promptly notify you if we identify any additional residents or staff with confirmed COVID-19. We encourage you to contact us with questions and concerns. Please call us at 808 531-5302 X203, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website at www.ccoh.us for updates.
The safety of our residents and staff is our top priority.
David Holt, Administrator