The Care Center of Honolulu provides rehabilitation programs and services that optimize patient health, function, and quality of life. Within supportive and dynamic care environments, our expert rehabilitation teams offer advanced treatment and state-of-the-art technologies, all of which are tailored to each patient’s unique needs and goals. Comprehensive care addresses the medical, physical, emotional, and vocational challenges of individuals with brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke, amputation, neurological disorders, orthopedic conditions, and multiple traumas. Specialized and intensive programs of care are designed to restore strength, improve physical and cognitive function, and promote independence in activities of daily living.
Our services include:
- Electrical stimulation
- Short wave diathermy
- Assistive equipment and technologies
- Advanced pain management, including pharmacological intervention
- Advanced pharmacologic and therapeutic interventions to manage spasticity
- Augmentative devices, to improve communication and speech patterns
- Restore function and mobility
- Improve speech and swallowing
- Enhance cognition
- Maintain bowel and bladder function
Optional alternative protocols as appropriate with the goals of:
- Restoring function and mobility
- Increasing strength and skills
- Utilizing adaptive techniques, equipment, and strategies
- Resuming daily activities as safely and independently as possible
Take comfort in knowing that our skilled team of physical therapists will work with you to restore physical function and make everyday tasks easier. As a resident of The Care Center of Honolulu, your tailored physical therapy plan will target and guide your rehabilitation to regain muscle strength, flexibility, coordination, and endurance.
Regain skills of daily living by working with our Occupational Therapists. Whether you are recovering from an injury that caused memory, attention, or problem-solving deficits or are experiencing musculoskeletal, mobility, or cognitive changes, we can create a therapy plan that will help you take back your independence.
Our skilled speech and language therapists have been specifically trained to work with patients with speech, voice, and language disorders resulting from stroke, cerebral palsy, or brain injury. These particular disorders require a specialized care plan and can be designed to work in conjunction with physical or occupational therapy as needed.